Search This Blog

Monday 8 June 2009

15

Instinctively my fingers are outstretched,
poised to touch the rosiest apple
to tear the fruit from the loom
to feed my appetite for curiosity.
I take,
I eat.
It's flesh is bittersweet
it's bite tastes of my decay
the liquor of knowledge, a thorough depressant
trickles from my tainted lips.
My sin falls from my hand
and lies on Eden's jewelled floor
Oh I am awash with gluttonous guilt
stolen innocence,
now I am living on borrowed evil.


© 2009 Florence Challender

2 comments:

  1. Hi florence, I'm selecting poets for a piece on gothinc poetry to go on an online magazine being launched in July. I love this peace and wondered if I could feature it on the site.

    Thanks
    Violete Nlandu Ngoy
    please contact me on Iphis2001@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sin of Eden. The forbidden fruit and the tree of knowledge, and the bitter consequences. Certainly you managed to show the scene in perfection

    ReplyDelete